Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Well, it's here! Our 3rd wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been 3 years already. Life does whiz by. Happy birthday to my BFF Kristi! I hope you're enjoying your day!


Since we got to Orlando we've been on the move. I have to say I'm very much enjoying the resort. Although a few years ago we hated the idea of having a timeshare, I have to say that I am really glad we have it. Our unit is essentially a one bedroom apartment and it includes a washer/dryer as well. It's really comfortable. Anyone that is going on vacation at any point, make sure you look into timeshare rentals. We are also saving money because we're not eating breakfast out every morning. This is the layout of our unit.

On Monday we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. I hadn't been there in about 19 years and this was Ken's first time. Pretty much everything was different aside from the Indiana Jones stunt show. We had a blast. Some of our favorites were Star Tours, Tower of Terror, Rock n' Roller Coaster, and the Lights, Motor, Action stunt show. The park was pretty busy probably because a lot of people were off for the holiday.



On Tuesday we went to Universal Studios. It wasn't very busy, but 2 attractions we wanted to see were closed, which was annoying. I like theme parks, but had my fill of Universal for the next 15 years. Ken was thrilled there was a Simpson's ride and we got to meet some of the characters!



Today we went to Animal Kingdom and had a blast. Some of our favorite attractions were Expedition Everest, DINOSAUR, It's Tough to be a Bug (awesome 3-D show!), and Festival of the Lion King. Animal Kingdom is pretty small and since we are here during off season we breezed through it and were done by 3pm. 


Tonight we plan to celebrate our anniversary with dinner some place in Downtown Disney. I tried making a reservation at Gloria Estefan's restaurant Bongo's but they didn't have anything available. Hopefully we'll be able to just get seated when we show up!

No comments:

Post a Comment