Monday, January 20, 2014

Wonderful Winter Salad

I've been doing my best to be creative with my foods, adding flavors I don't normally cook with. So far I have been successful. Citrus is in season now and I love grapefruit. I normally eat it as just a fruit at breakfast. Well, while perusing Pinterest, I saw that the Pioneer Woman pinned a salad with grapefruit and kale. I'm a big fan of kale, but don't particularly care to eat it raw. It has a rough texture, so not my favorite to eat as a salad. (I prefer using it soups where it will hold up to soaking in liquid for a long time.) Today I made a similar version to this salad. I had arugula, grapefruit, and crumbled feta and made this beauty.

It was fabulous! I topped it with some slivered almonds and a raspberry walnut vinaigrette. I'm looking forward to make this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment