Monday, March 14, 2011

A Day of Firsts in the Outdoors

The almost Spring weather has been giving me the "be outdoorsy" bug! We have been really fortunate to have all of our snow gone and just really gorgeous weather to enjoy, especially this passed weekend.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous and I started my day early with a trip to the gym, then followed that with physical therapy and then got my highlights, adding in some extra blonde! (Yes, folks, my hair is not naturally bleach blonde anymore.) Sunday was a bit cooler, but a beautiful sunny day and also the start of Daylight Savings. My husband and I took our first bike ride of the year at the Bethpage Bike Trail. I was a bit apprehensive of how I would do due to my shoulder. Once I started riding, I was actually okay. It was a little sore at the end of the ride because of how I was putting weight on my arms and shoulders, but overall was a good ride. I'm definitely looking forward to longer rides, especially with the 5 Borough Bike Tour coming up in 2 months! That's 42 miles I need to ride and we only did 8 yesterday!

We also lit our firepit for the first time this season as well as had our first BBQ! It was a great day overall and we're really looking forward to more great weather to enjoy the outdoors!

1 comment: