Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Month and a Fresh Beginning

Not only is the snow melting, but we're starting to have some lovely days here in NY! What is the old saying, March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb?

It's March 1st. It means winter is almost over. It means nature is beginning to bloom. It means more time to spend outdoors. It means we change our clocks and get more daylight in 12 days! It's also the very beginning of a new month and a great time to reflect on the last 2 months and maybe refocus some goals and ideas.

When 2011 started, I didn't really have many goals in mind. Of course there is always the usual, lose weight, spend less time watching tv, be more active, cook healthier, yada yada, but I think I need to make more of an effort on specific goals so that I can stick with them. They don't have to be something that I need to do throughout the year, but just the month. I don't think they need to be so crazy that my life is dependent on a schedule because I do enjoy spontaniety.

My friend Kim is someone I admire greatly and she was the motivation behind this post. She sets great goals for herself and I'm going to follow in her footsteps and create attainable and fun goals for me for March. I'll recap at the beginning of April to see how far I came.
  1. Make 3 new recipes this month
  2. Finish Water for Elephants (I should since I'm more than halfway through, ha!)
  3. Go to 5 Spin Classes
  4. Get a massage

Simple easy goals I can attain. I don't think they sound too simple since lately I haven't been one to want to read a book on my commute to and from work AND I've just recently started going back to the gym since my shoulder surgery. The massage is a perk!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the shout out Mici! Gread goals. You just reminded me to post mine for March!

    ReplyDelete