Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tomorrow marks halfway through the month!

I can't believe how good I've been with my eating. It's like I used to be and I'm so happy! Looks like I'm back to the old me of good food! I mean, it did help that I made a lot of soup too, but anyway. I'm glad I got the grossness out of my system and started eating better again. I did miss it!

I got my last grade for class this past semester and I ended up with two A-s. Not a bad semester in my book. I would have prefered As but I'm not going to complain.

So far with my 8 hours of sleep a night, I haven't done well except on weekends. I'm close to it so I can't be to harsh on myself.

Tuesday I celebrated 8 years (being boyfriend/girlfriend) with my husband. We don't do anything now since we celebrate our wedding anniversary but it was a real surprise when Ken came home from work with a dozen red roses! I was shocked and so thrilled! It was really a nice surprise. In exchange, I heated him up a bowl of homemade minestrone!

I think I've read about 3 books this year so far. I'm excited that Heather has started up bookclub again because I feel many of the books I read for pleasure are all about murder mystery and you don't really need to think about them much after. The next book we'll be reading is The Age of Innocence. I'm excited about it because I had to read it in high school, but I never really focused on it. It was made into a movie, which I saw, but I just didn't care about it. Now I'd like to read the book and watch the movie again. I know at this age I'd appreciate it more.

Today I made a donation to the Red Cross to the Haiti earthquake relief. It's absolutely devastating to see what happened there. I had emailed our local Red Cross to see if there was a collection being done in terms of food, water and clothing but haven't heard back yet. One of our neighboring towns is a heavily Haitian populated area so I'm aware of churches collecting donations. There are plenty of things I know we can purchase for these people who have seen too much devastation and destruction. Buying things like water and canned soup is the least I can be doing for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment