Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jets lose :(

Well, the Jets aren't the AFC Champions, the Colts took it this year. It was a great season for the Jets and it's a shame they weren't able to go on. I'm not much of a football fan, but love when a NY team gets into the playoffs.

Last night we headed to Bar Americain (one of Bobby Flay's restaurants) and OMG it was absolutely delicious. I have been to a few other well known chef restaurants and haven't been impressed at all. Totally overrated which is why I've been hesitant to try others. We ventured last night and we were very impressed. I shared the dish of the day (cheesesteak minus the bread) with my sister and had the hot potato chips with blue cheese. YUM! She had the crab cake for an appetizer and the cauliflower as a side. Ken had oysters for an appetizer and the southern baked chicken. Rachele had the red snapper. Everyone loved their dishes. We all had room for dessert and I had the apple tart, Ken had the pistachio soufle and Rachele and Danielle had the crepes with nutella and bananas. WOW. The food really was just out of this world. I can't wait to try his Mesa Grill when we go toVegas!

We started to really plan what we want to do with the house this year and we'll be making final decisions on everything within the next month. I just really want to get our kitchen in order! I need more counter space!

Last week I had my second IDGA conference, which was a great success. We had an issue with the room since we had more people than we expected so it was a tight squeeze. People were very happy with the speakers and content so overall it was a great success. Looking forward to my next one next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment