Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Plans

It's my most favorite time of the year! It's Thanksgiving Week! As much as the retailers like to rush Christmas on us right after Halloween, this is one holiday that does not get passed over in our household. I have always been a big fan of this holiday and will continue it. Naturally I enjoy having a 4-day weekend as well in addition to any overtime my husband has over this break. I also love the food! I mean, what's not to love about it?

FMM: Thanksgiving Plans
What are your plans for Thanksgiving this year? Does your family have traditions? If so, share them…(I know that some of you live outside of the US so feel free to fill us in on other holiday traditions!)

Our plans this year is hosting the holiday at our house. It will be 8 of us total - me, Ken, my mom, dad, sister, mother-in-law and grandfather. I don't really know if we have traditions, but it's something my mom always did and now when we host we do the same in our house. I always have the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV while I'm cooking. We also have food to nibble on set up on the dining room table so we can graze while the other stuff is still cooking. We usually eat aroun 1-2pm and then have plenty of leftovers for the evening.

I have always been the one to bake a pumpkin pie (since it's my favorite) and this is a tradition I think I won't ever give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment