Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's Planting Season!

Ever since I have been watching more of Food Network and Cooking Channel, I enjoy using a lot of fresh herbs to flavor my foods. Unfortunately my local supermarket doesn't always have the herbs I want or sometimes I'll forget to pick some up. But that's about to change. Now that it's warmer, the home improvement stores have their kits available. We went to Lowe's yesterday and I picked up 3 kits and extra seeds. One kit had catnip, lemon basil and mint; another had sweet basil, chives and parsley; and the other kit was cherry tomatoes. Extra seeds I bought were tarragon and cilantro.

The kit had pods that you add water to then plant the seeds. There were barely any seeds in the mint and tarragon pouches so I was only able to fill one tiny pot with them. I didn't plant the chives, catnip, parsley or lemon basil seeds. I might do the chives and parsley later on. Here are my little green houses to start the germination!


They need a lot of sunlight so I hope the sun comes out tomorrow otherwise I need to put them under a light!

No comments:

Post a Comment