Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February, a month to remember

I haven't blogged much this month, although we've had a lot going on. It's been a busy month to say the least and March will be just as busy. And nothing is better than planning to avoid choas and slip ups!

We started off the month saying goodbye to a family member. Kenny's step-grandfather passed away at the end of January and we buried him on February 1st. We had a major snowstorm that crippled most of Long Island. We only had about a foot by us and the city didn't get much at all. Further east had upwards of 3 feet. It wasn't Abby's first snow storm (her first was the N'oreaster that hit 10 days after Hurricane Sandy) but it was her first time I put her in the snow. Abby also had her first cold the same weekend as her first swim lesson and baptism. She did so well at swimming and seems to love it!

I got a bit lazy with my preplanning cooking this month. I didn't plan the week before so I didn't know what to cook come Sunday and when I figured things out, I wasn't able to cook much because everything needed to defrost. With this I also saw a gain on the scale this past week. Granted it was a .2, but still a gain when I want to go in the other direction. Hopefully this Friday I'll see it go back down again.

I've done well in terms of saving too. I've followed the 52 week savings plan to a T and will be depositing the money into Abby's account soon. I wanted to make sure I had a decent amount before making the deposit. As the weeks progress I'll be making deposits more frequently.

My monthly goal of not spending anything on extras went to the wayside. Since I didn't plan well, I ended up buying lunch 2x last week and need to buy lunch for today. I will have leftovers from dinner tonight to eat tomorrow for lunch. I also bought a Groupon deal for music classes for Abby and we got her a LOL Elmo. I did say she wouldn't get it until she rolled over though HA! All in all, I didn't spend a lot, but I wanted to spend nothing and I failed.

My 7 week goal of no meat crockpot hasn't turned out too well either. I've had no ambition to find recipes to make that are meatless. What I should have done is change it to a different day during the week or had the crockpot going Sunday so we at least had a meal done. I still have another month to make meatless meals on Fridays and I've already adjusted my next week's meal plan to include a crockpot meal that we will eat on a different night.

I've started thinking of some goals I'd like to do for March and will get those in order before I post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment