Monday, February 11, 2013

Dropping one goal

It's been 10 days into the month and I have to say I thought I was going to do well when I created my goals for the month. When I selected the workout, it was actually a calendar from a previous year, so it was off in terms of rest days and such. I should have looked for one more closely for this calendar year, because there was one that I found a few days into the month.

I did the workout the first day, which was a Friday, then completely forgot over the weekend. I never printed it out, was just going by memory. Bad move right there. There are rest days so I would have caught up no problem. I noticed the error late Sunday night and immediately printed out the schedule so I would see it. I began crossing off the days as I continue to do them. I would have had to miss 2 rest days. After I completed the workout Friday, I realized this was complete garbage. Why was I even doing this? To prove I could follow something? It sure wasn't doing anything to make me stronger or slimmer. I mean let's be realistic. I wasn't doing any other exercise than this. And who would consider this true exercise? I don't need a calendar to tell me I can do 100 sit ups or a 2 minute plank. And chances are since I'm not regularly exercising, once I got towards the end of the month, the planks would have gotten much harder and I wouldn't have been able to complete the longer ones.

I could easily continue with this plan, but decided it really wasn't going to benefit me in anyway and I want to do something that will. I want to do an exercise goal and will find something else to complete for next month. Something that will be considered exercise. Something that will take me longer to do than 3 minutes. I will also plan it according to my schedule knowing Mondays are a bit hectic for me and that I will also be travelling for a few days.

I think my newest/revised goal for this month will be to better organize myself. I pretty much know my schedule for the rest of the month so I will do this. I'm not so much dropping a goal, just changing it to better suit my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment