Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Challenge for the Next 7 Weeks

Well this kind of through me for a loop. It's not one that I even thought of when making my New Year's resolutions, but well, here we are, Fat Tuesday. Tomorrow begins Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. Starting tomorrow, my husband observes the no eating meat on Friday's during Lent. Friday is my crockpot day. What on Earth am I making in the crockpot for the next 7 weeks? All of the meals have to be meatless and the majority of my crockpot meals (I'd say 98%) are meat. So this is my challenge. I have 3 more days to figure out what I'm making this Friday, then it's on to scour my slow cooker cookbooks to see what meatless meals I can make. I really have no interest in making the Weight Watchers lasagna and given I work from home on Fridays, I do not want anything fishy because the odor will be unbearable.

Anyone have any ideas what I can make this week? I can't get to the supermarket either so I'm limited with what I have in the house already, which is surprisingly a good amount. I have plenty of canned beans, some frozen veggies and some fresh veggies. Thoughts? Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment