Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy Tuesday!

I have to say I can't believe that this month is almost over. We have only 8 days left!

This weekend was a whirlwind for sure. My little lovebug had her first cold. She just seemed more uncomfortable than anything. I called the pediatrician to see what we could do to help make her more comfortable and they said the basics - humidier, nasal aspirator, prop up her mattress so it's on an include, saline drops - all because she can't take any medication yet. I had a humidifier in the attic that I had used several times. I pulled it out and set it up in her room. Well it decided to make our fire alarm go off! Aparently our house fire alarm is super sensitive and warm mist makes it go off. (That was so fun at 3:30am!) Needless to say I went and bought a cool mist one the next morning.

After my running around that morning, we took her to her first swim lesson. She did really well and I'm excited for this weekend's class since she won't have her headcold. Following that we went to get our taxes done and all because of the energy credit forms, our taxes could not be submitted yet. Thank you Congress for waiting until the last minute to change things. So we have no clue when we will get our refund. We did learn that Ken was paying too much in federal taxes because he never changed his deductions to married 0. He was still claiming as single 0. This will lessen our tax return next year, but he will also be getting a big chunk of money in his paychecks. We much rather have the money now than wait.

Sunday morning was a big day for us since it was Abby's baptism. We got to the church around 10am and already a lot of our family was there. Following the service we went to the restaurant for a tasty lunch. It was a nice day. I'm so glad I planned her baptism for this weekend. We were both off on Monday which we needed!

Yesterday I was able to sit and relax in the afternoon for a bit. We did some grocery shopping in the morning and did well with coupons again. The total before they swiped my store card and scanned the coupons was $191. After it came to $136. I still never figure out how our bills are so high. We've been good about not buying stuff we don't need. I do know that coldcuts, produce (we get a lot), and meat are the bulk costs, but I don't always buy meat. We also did have a case of beer, but that would have only brought the total to $115. I did buy Allegra so $24 would be alloted for that as well. Some of my coupons included:

$1/2 Diet Pepsi
B1G1 Diet Pepsi
$1/2 Brisk
$.55/1 Sargento Shredded Cheese
$.60/3 Old El Paso items
$.60/3 Old El Paso items ecoupon
$.60/3 Old El Paso items Savings Star
$2/1 70 count or higher Aleve
$2/1 70 count or higher Aleve ecoupon
$2.50 fresh meat department
$.55/1 Friendship Cottage Cheese
$.35/1 Colgate toothpaste

I had others but don't remember them off the top of my head. I got toothpaste for $.31; Aleve for $4.99, 2-liter bottles of soda for $.40 each, Old El Paso items for $.20 each, shredded cheese for $1.40 each, cottage cheese for $1.40, etc. I didn't have any ibotta deals either. I know this stuff will never be free for me, but I definitely want to see an even smaller grocery bill. We'll see what happens next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment