Monday, January 28, 2013

Extreme Couponing

I know I normally don't do 2 posts in a day, but I didn't have the time yesterday to do this one, so I'll write about it now.

I normally do my food shopping following church service on Sundays. I head over to ShopRite in Uniondale with my list on the app my iphone and my coupons (both ecoupons and hard copies). Last week I saved over $20 with my coupons, but I also had a $10 off your order in baby bucks since I spent over $100 in baby items previously. However, this week I did phenomenally. I have to say in NYC/Long Island, it is very difficult to do any kind of extreme couponing simply because there are rarely any coupons (if any) on fresh produce and meats/seafood. This is where the bulk of my money is spent. My husbands thinks it's funny when I get excited I only spent pennies on certain items, but this is how well I did. Before my coupons were scanned, the total was almost $93. After coupons it was $76. Now, the ShopRite I go to doubles coupons up to and including .99. However if it says "Do Not Double" they won't double and you must get what the coupon states. I mean, I think that's only fair. A lot of the extreme couponers you see on television are able to coupon the way they do because their stores are much more lenient with coupons.

My awesome deals this week:

Barilla Pasta - on sale for .88 a box (not all varieties, but it did include whole grain). I had a coupon for $1 off 2 boxes of whole grain, veggie, or fiber plus. I bought 4 boxes of whole grain which came to a total of .38 a box for me.

General Mills cereal - $1.99 for specific varieties. I picked up the new Cheerios Honey Crunch and Fiber One Honey Almond Clusters or something like that. I had .75 off any Fiber One cereal coupon and .75 off the new Cheerios Honey Crunch coupon. Both coupons doubled. I paid .49 per box of cereal.

Wishbone Salad Dressing - $1.99 per bottle. I had a coupon for .65 off 2 bottles. My coupon doubled so I paid $2.68 for 2 bottles.

Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce - $1.88 per bottle. My coupon was .65 off one bottle. This doubled and I paid .58 for one bottle

Coffeemate Coffee Creamer - The deal was 3 for $5. I used 2 coupons. I had one coupon for $1.10 off of 2 bottles and another that was .55 off of one. The .55 one double making it $2.20 off the 3 bottles. I paid $2.80 for the 3 bottles.

Bailey's Coffee Creamer - $1.49 a bottle. My coupon was $1 off. I paid .49 for the bottle.

Daisy Cottage Cheese - $1.99 for a tub. My coupons were .45 off 1 tub. The coupons doubled and paid $1.09 per tub.

I had other coupons for other things, but these were by far the best deals I got. I already have $1.50 off my produce purchase. I'm looking forward to see what next week's deals will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment