Thursday, January 17, 2013

Saving Money

I feel as though losing weight and saving money are the top two resolutions people make every year. I mean, why not? There are only few and far between that don't need to save money or lose weight. It's only been a few weeks since the New Year began and I like to think I'm not spending my money frivolously, or like I was before. I'm doing a much better job of bringing lunch to work, lunch I actually look forward to. Instead of going out during lunch to shop, I've been enjoying it with the company of some of my colleagues in our large conference room watching The Chew.

Another way I'm saving money is by following this weekly money challenge. You start on the first Sunday of the year and add $1 to the envelope (or piggy bank). Each week you add a dollar more to the amount than the previous week.

So this Sunday I have to put in $3. At the end of the year you end up saving $1,378. A nice chunk of change! No clue what I'm going to do with it. Possibly pay off some my CC debt or put it towards some new clothes or put it in Abby's account. I'll make that decision then. There's still time to start this if you want. You only should have $3 away now, not too difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment