Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe I haven't posted in over 2 years! I know, life got busy, and I got lazy, but I'd like to think that I'm back for the long haul. I don't like to think that I will be blogging about one particular subject. I don't feel like I'm an expert in one thing and while I have a passion for many things, they aren't something I necessarily want to talk about all the time. So as I continue my blog, you will be sure to read things such as home improvements, my family, my food, and just life events in general. In the meantime, I'll catch you up on some of the things that has happened over the last two years.

In 2011, we did a lot of house renovations, inside and out. I painted the front door a bright red and we installed a new stormdoor. We redid the entire backyard - removed trees, new sod, patio pavers, new sliding glass doors, the works! It came out fabulous.

 
 
 
 

After Thanksgiving we redid and expanded our upstairs bathroom. It came out great!

 

(New shower tile during construction)
 
(New vanity, mirror, and storage)
 
In January 2012 we started work on the downstairs - knocked the walls down between the dining room and living room and opened up the walls from the dining room into the kitchen. After that we ripped up all the carpet everywhere and refinished the hardwood floors (they look fabulous, by the way) and then started renovations in our kitchen. A lot of work was done there and we couldn't be happier with how it came out.

(Living room before)


(Living room/dining room after)
 
 
 
(Upstairs, no more carpet, newly stained floors!)
 
(New railing and finished floors)                 

(Kitchen before - this was modified about a year earlier, see previous post)


(New cabinets, floor, countertops, appliances, window)
 
 
 
Fast forward to September, our little girl arrived. She really is the joy of our lives. We recently celebrated her first Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's! She'll be 4 months on Saturday. Crazy how time flies!


No comments:

Post a Comment