Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Homemade Baby Food!

As I have mentioned before I am really trying to cut back on what we spend on groceries. Now that Abby is starting to eat foods, we now have to start buying baby food, which is expensive! Have you seen the price of those little jars? Some of my friends made their own baby food and said it was super easy and so economical. I figured I would give it a whirl. I steamed an apple, pear, butternut squash, sweet potato, and carrots (all separately) and puréed each one. I also did avocado, but that did not need steaming. I portioned them into ice cube trays. When they were frozen I placed each cube into ziplock bags and have them stored in the freezer. Each cube is one serving. We are stocked for a few weeks and it only cost a few bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment