Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Superbowl Sunday

My team hasn't been in the Superbowl since, um, a long time. (Not to mention that this was a rough season for fans.) However, I'm not opposed to cheering on the other New York team. So I enjoyed watching 2 games within the last 5 years, especially since both of them were against the New England Patriots, who I despise. I think it's more I despise Tom Brady.

Now that we're coming up to this big day between the Baltimore Ravens and the San Francisco 49ers, I still have quite a few things to look forward to. I'll list them in order of importance to me - the food, commercials, and winning a box; and here's why.

We don't do anything special or go anywhere for SB Sunday, but I do enjoy making food to eat during the game. This year I plan on making buffalo cauliflower, baked version of deep fried mushrooms, shredded buffalo chicken, Skinny Girl's bloomin' onion and have some celery and carrots to dip. Oh and beer. Beer is very important to have on a day like this. I need to think which particular beer I would like to drink during the game. The food itself makes the game but the beer is very important too.

The commercials last year were absolutely great. Some of my favorites included M&Ms and Doritos. They had several, but these two were my faves - the dog kills cat bribe, baby sling,  Chrysler is also very good with their commercials so I'm looking forward to what they'll be bringing this year. Some of the best from last year

I participate in SB boxes just like most other people in America. It's exciting and you can win some big cash! So naturally when my team isn't playing, I don't really care who wins and I want my numbers to come out so I win some money.

I do wish Budweiser would bring back the Bud Bowl. I enjoyed watching that when I was younger. There is also the Puppy Bowl which pops on during breaks. It's pretty cute to watch.

Just a few more days to go until the big game! Are you watching? What will you be eating?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are excited! Its super bowl Sunday, i think.

    ReplyDelete